As mothers, we all want:
- To feel the natural kindness and affection of being a mom
- To joyously and lovingly guide our children in their live
- To be excited and appreciative in parenting our children
- To celebrate the gift of being a mother and all that we are giving
- To trust ourselves and our choices
- To feel freedom and peace
While most of us feel most of those things a good deal of the time, there’s a whole other world that often overshadows that wonderful world.
As mothers, what stops us:
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Feeling out of control
- Feeling frustrated and angry
- Feeling alone and uncertain
- Feeling bad about our actions and reactions
- Feeling unappreciated
15 years ago, I got a group of moms together because of all of the negative feelings I was going through as a Mom with my sons. I felt alone and embarrassed – and sometimes ashamed of how I was as a mom. It was so confusing to me because I loved them so much – and yet there were elements of being a mom that I had no idea were coming.
In leading this workshop for hundreds of moms, there is one thing that is undeniable. We all love our children, we all want to be the very best we can be, we all screw up and most of us beat ourselves up to no end about that. There is an enormous amount of “pressure” that comes from our expectations from ourselves, our partners, our children, and society – including other moms. And it’s just not possible to fulfill all of those.
In this workshop, you will gain freedom from those expectations and be returned to the wonder and joy (there will still be lots of challenges) that comes with the great blessing of being a mom.
Next workshop July 2020, exact date TBD.